Tuesday, April 03, 2007

April Fools Day

There are 3 characters in this story - the husband (X), the wife (Y) and the husband's elder sister (Z). The alphabets in the parantheses are not real names ofcourse. Read on...

Wife calls up husband's sister.

Wife: Hi Z. How you doing?

Husband's sister: I'm good Y. How about you?

Wife: I guess I'm ok. Listen, have you heard from X today? Has he called you?

Husband's sister: No. Why, what happened?

Wife: We had a small fight and he's gone missing.

Husband's sister: Oh really? Since when?

Wife: Since yesterday night.

Husband's sister (now a bit alarmed): What are you saying?

Wife: Yeah, he left in a huff yesterday night and hasn't come home all night. I tried calling all our friends here, but noone's heard from him.

Husband's sister: What a bum! How can he be so immature! He really needs to grow up and sort his problems out like an adult. You don't worry. I'll try to track him down. And when I get hold of him, I'm gonna blast him. you sit tight.

Wife: Thanks Z. I knew I could count on you.

Husband's sister Z now calls up the husband X.

Husband's sister: Hey, what you doin'?

Husband: Nothin' much. Just chillin' at home.

Husband's sister: Don't lie to me. I know you're not at home. Where you at?

Husband: Err... In a hotel. How did you know?

Husband's sister: Y said you guys had a fight and she's very worried about you. What's going on?

Husband: Its all her fault. She keeps fighting over little things.

Husband's sister: That's not an excuse. You need to deal with this like an adult. You can't just leave your wife like that and walk out. Will you go home now?

Husband: (silence)

Husband's sister: What? Promise me you'll go home now.

Husband (relunctantly): Okay.

Husband's sister: Good.

Husband's sister hangs up. In a minute, she proceeds to call the husband's wife Y back to update her on his findings. She's feeling quite proud of herself, having presided over and solved this domestic dispute with a mature head and heavy hand.

Husband's sister: Hello?

Husband: Hello!

Husband's sister ( a little confused since she had called Y's cell phone): Hi 'pisaasu' (monster in tamil)... what are you doing here?

Husband and wife in chorus: APRIL FOOL!!! APRIL FOOL!!!

Husband's sister: YOU GUYS SUCK!!!

So this is how my wife W (one of the most devious minds to walk the planet) and I fooled my cousin sister on April 1.

1 Comments:

Blogger funkaboy said...

Guess your sis will call Child Services and file a complaint saying that there seems to be no adult supervision in your household :)

4/3/07, 11:23 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home