Monday, October 02, 2006

The flight that never was

I've been thinking about my fllight to Philadelphia for a while now. I'd informed my friends in Philly that I'll be landing there this week, and had sent one of them my flight itinerary. Yesterday evening, I started getting mentally prepared for my flight journey today. After the football game (Go Bears!!!) and 3 beers at a friends place, I came back and dutifully pressed a formal shirt and a pant. I got up this morning, packed my bag, wore jeans and t-shirt for my afternoon flight (its normally business casuals at work) and came to work. I was going to leave at around 2 to the airport. Just to be on the safer side, I sent another e-mail to my Philly friend reminding him about my visit and asking him where he should pick me up.

His reply came instantaneously:
is it today / tomorrow, your ticket says tuesday oct 3rd :)

That's when I actually looked at my e-ticket. There it was, in big bold letters. Departing Oct 3rd (Tuesday). I am flying tomorrow, not today. After all the packing and mental preparation and informing my team-mates, I was just going to be in Chicago.

Crap!

2 Comments:

Blogger Martina Jolie said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

10/4/12, 6:03 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dude.. I had worse... I had situations where I had to packup knowing that my flight is leaving in a copuple of hrs.. And this is a cross country flight ..!!

12/27/12, 8:23 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home